Participants are advised to travel to the conference using public transport as driving in Central London can be difficult and expensive. If you are unable to use public transport, you can plan your travel route online for free at www.theaa.com or http://www.rac.co.uk. For those with satellite navigation the postal code is 'SW7 2AZ'.
Car parking at South Kensington Campus is severely restricted. Parking in the streets surrounding the College is at pay and display or parking meters but for limited periods only.
By Underground / Rail
Imperial College London is less than 5 minutes walk from South Kensington underground station. The Underground Station connects 3 major lines including Piccadilly, Circle and District providing good transport links to the rest of London.
Further information about London Underground including a journey planner can be found online at www.tfl.gov.uk/. You can also find information regarding planning your journey using the rail network at www.nationalrail.co.uk including information on times and fares. Please book rail tickets early to take advantage of discounts.
On foot from South Kensington Station
From South Kensington Station, the campus is only a five minute walk. Either follow the subway signposted to the museums or walk north up Exhibition Road. The College is next to the Science Museum.
South Kensington Campus is easily accessible by bus. A number of routes pass within easy walking distance of the campus. Please see the selection below for more information:
• 9 Aldwych - Hammersmith Broadway, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
• 10 Kings Cross Station - Hammersmith Broadway, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
• 52 Victoria Bus Station - Willesden Bus Garage, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
• 360 Elephant and Castle Station - Prince Consort Rd, alight at Prince Consort Rd
• 14 Tottenham Court Road - Putney Heath, alight at South Kensington Station
• 49 Battersea Rise - Shepherd's Bush Grn, alight at South Kensington Station
• 70 Acton - South Kensington Station, alight at South Kensington Station
• 74 Baker Street Station - Putney, alight at South Kensington Station
• 345 Peckham Bus Station - South Kensington Station, alight at South Kensington Station
• 414 Maida Vale - Putney Bridge, alight at South Kensington Station
• 430 South Kensington Station - Minstead Gardens SW15
London is one of Europe's central routing points for international air travel and has five major airports that are served by nearly every major international airline. Participants are recommended to book flights early to take advantage of discounted fares.
London's five airports (Gatwick, Heathrow, Stansted, Luton and City) all have easy connections into central London by train, tube, coach or taxi. To plan your onward journey by tube or rail visit www.tfl.gov.uk or www.nationalrail.co.uk and by coach visit www.nationalexpress.com. The cost of taxi's from each airport will vary significantly and as traffic can be busy in central London you are advised to use where possible the rail and underground network.
Taxi from Heathrow Airport to the hotel is approximately £50 and Gatwick Airport to the hotel is approximately £75.